Ham Balls with Mustard Dill Sauce Recipe
My husband and I both come from large families, so I'm always cooking up something in the kitchen. These hearty ham balls with a tangy sauce are a hit served over noodles.
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2-1/3 cups milk, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 teaspoon prepared mustard, divided
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- In a bowl, combine ham, pork, eggs, cornflake crumbs, 1/3 cup milk, onion, 2 teaspoons mustard and pepper; shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ham balls in oil. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour. Add remaining milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in sour cream, salt, dill and remaining mustard; heat through but do not boil.
- Place ham balls on a serving platter and top with sauce. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Ham Balls with Mustard Dill Sauce in Country Pork 1996, p47
Reviews for Ham Balls with Mustard Dill Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review