Ham Balls with Brown Sugar Sauce Recipe
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup crushed bite-sized Shredded Wheat
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and cereal; crumble ham and pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. to 2-in. balls; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes. Pour over ham balls. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham Balls with Brown Sugar Sauce
Sort By :
This is my most requested recipe from my friends and family.
This was a bit too sweet for my taste. I made them last night, and didn't really care for them. But, this morning I ate one cold and thought they actually would be a nice addition to an appetizer table, served with mustard for dipping. Maybe next time I'll even add a couple of drops of liquid smoke to the sauce.
My family loves this recipe. It's very good company food. Everyone wants the recipe.
My family loves this recipe. They look forward to it after Christmas and Easter when we have leftover ham. Add scalloped potatoes, a vegetable and salad and you have a delicious meal everyone will enjoy.
My son was recently diagnosed with food allergies so I am always looking for creative recipes to keep him satisfied. I substituted a flax seed egg substitute for the eggs, sweetened almond milk for the milk and Rice Chex cereal for the Shredded Wheat cereal. My whole family LOVED this recipe. I had to set out 5 ham balls so that I would have some to pack in his school lunch box the next day. This is definetly a keeper!! Thanks so much Ellen.