Just three ingredients are all you need to prepare these impressive-looking hors d'ouevres. A vegetable appetizer is a welcome addition to the table.
- 20 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 20 thin slices deli ham
- 1 package (10.6 ounces) refrigerated Italian breadsticks and garlic spread
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil; add asparagus. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- Wrap a slice of ham around each asparagus spear. Unroll breadstick dough; spread with garlic spread. Cut each breadstick in half lengthwise. Wrap one piece of dough, garlic spread side in, around each ham-wrapped asparagus spear.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Originally published as Ham Asparagus Spirals in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p26
Reviews for Ham Asparagus Spirals
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2009
"Super easy to make and surprisingly yummy!"