Ham Asparagus Spirals
Just three ingredients are all you need to prepare these impressive-looking hors d'ouevres. A vegetable appetizer is a welcome addition to the table.
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 20 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 20 thin slices deli ham
- 1 package (10.6 ounces) refrigerated Italian breadsticks and garlic spread
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil; add asparagus.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately
- place asparagus in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- Wrap a slice of ham around each asparagus spear. Unroll breadstick
- dough; spread with garlic spread. Cut each breadstick in half
- lengthwise. Wrap one piece of dough, garlic spread side in, around
- each ham-wrapped asparagus spear.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 13-15
- minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 20
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 49 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.