Ham and Vegetable Roll-ups Recipe
My fiance and I like to hunt for wild asparagus come the spring. He's not much of a vegetable eater—but when I roll up these easy, nutritious appetizers, he can't get enough of them. The roll-ups are ideal for children too—they're a fun way to "disguise" vegetables they usually turn down!
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, drained
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices boiled ham, sliced thin
- 8 spears fresh asparagus
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. Combine the croutons and 1/4 cup butter; spread in a 9-in. square baking dish. Combine soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Spoon half of mixture over croutons; set remainder aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the spinach, yogurt, onion and Worcestershire sauce; spread on ham slices. Top each with an asparagus spear; roll up. Place rolls seam side down in baking dish; spoon remaining sauce over top. Saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle on top. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
2 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Ham and Vegetable Roll-ups
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2014
"WOW!!!!!!!!! These little guys are awesome!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC