Ham and Vegetable Roll-ups
My fiance and I like to hunt for wild asparagus come the spring. He's not much of a vegetable eater—but when I roll up these easy, nutritious appetizers, he can't get enough of them. The roll-ups are ideal for children too—they're a fun way to "disguise" vegetables they usually turn down!
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, drained
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices boiled ham, sliced thin
- 8 spears fresh asparagus
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Combine the croutons and 1/4 cup butter; spread in a 9-in. square
- baking dish. Combine soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Spoon half of
- mixture over croutons; set remainder aside.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, yogurt, onion and Worcestershire
- sauce; spread on ham slices. Top each with an asparagus spear; roll
- up. Place rolls seam side down in baking dish; spoon remaining sauce
- over top. Saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6