Ham and Vegetable Linguine Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the asparagus, mushrooms, carrot, zucchini and ham in butter until the vegetables are tender.
- 2. Add the cream, peas, onions, Parmesan cheese, basil, salt, nutmeg and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- 3. Rinse and drain linguine; add to vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 698 calories, 43 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 1,606 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.