- 1 package (8 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the asparagus, mushrooms, carrot, zucchini and ham in butter until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cream, peas, onions, Parmesan cheese, basil, salt, nutmeg and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Rinse and drain linguine; add to vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ham and Vegetable Linguine
"Made this last night. Loved it. My daughter and I thought it was a great comfort food. Changed the veges a bit and used whole wheat linguine. Will definitely make this again. A keeper!"
"Only change to the recipe I made was to add a little bit of leftover cauliflower I had in the fridge (slightly reduced amount of other veggies to keep amount of veggies to sauce balanced). The kids and I liked it well. Hubby didn't care for it at all."
"This recipe is one of our Taste of Home favorites! We usually need to double it for our family -- the leftovers heat up nice too!I highly recommend cutting ham and veggies ahead of time. And I always add more Parmesan than called for!"
"This is a favorite at our house! Easy to add or subtract certain veggies depending on what you have in your fridge. My hubby looks forward to asparagus time just so he can enjoy this recipe!"
"I bake hams often, so I'm always on the lookout for recipes I can use the leftovers in. This recipe is excellent! Thanks, Kerry!"