I've been pleasing dinner guests with this delicious pasta dish that was based on one I found in a favorite Italian cookbook. The delicate cream sauce blends well with the colorful and hearty mix of vegetables. I chop the vegetables ahead and later prepare this dish in a snap.—Kerry Kerr McAvoy, Rockford, Michigan
- 1 package (8 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the asparagus, mushrooms, carrot, zucchini and ham in butter until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cream, peas, onions, Parmesan cheese, basil, salt, nutmeg and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Rinse and drain linguine; add to vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Vegetable Linguine in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p27
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ham and Vegetable Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review