Ham and Swiss Stromboli Recipe
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll dough into a rectangle on a greased baking sheet. Place ham over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with onions, bacon and cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- With a sharp knife, cut several 1/4-in.-deep slits on top of loaf. Bake 26-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly before slicing. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Ham and Swiss Stromboli
Sort By :
"This was a simple and quick appetizer. I had to substitute thin pizza crust as the store was out of French bread. Turkey was substituted for ham due to personal preference. Also, for personal preference, I sprinkled some black pepper and Italian seasoning. It was made for a New Years Eve party and was a hit."
"I use refrigerated pizza dough. It does unroll and change up stuffing based on availability in my fridge and taste wants at the time. great easy sandwich."
"Not too impressed with the French roll bread or the flavor combo. As another reviewer said, once opened, the bread loaf could not be unrolled. I think this caused the bread to be thicker in some areas because it was hard to "spread". Not a big fan of the flavor combo."
"Family loves it, I have made it many times."
"I make this quite often--VERY EASY and YUMMY! Our family loves it! I often use Pillsbury crescent roll dough, doubled and pinched on seams, or the seamless crescent roll dough that you can buy now. It's delicious! However, I usually bake mine at 325* for around 25-30 minutes. That way it gets done slower on the outside while still getting the inside done too."