Ham and Swiss Stromboli Recipe
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Unroll dough into a rectangle on a greased baking sheet. Place ham over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with onions, bacon and cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- With a sharp knife, cut several 1/4-in.-deep slits on top of loaf. Bake at 350° for 26-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly before slicing. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Ham and Swiss Stromboli(16)
Sort By :
I use refrigerated pizza dough. It does unroll and change up stuffing based on availability in my fridge and taste wants at the time. great easy sandwich.
Not too impressed with the French roll bread or the flavor combo. As another reviewer said, once opened, the bread loaf could not be unrolled. I think this caused the bread to be thicker in some areas because it was hard to "spread". Not a big fan of the flavor combo.
Family loves it, I have made it many times.
I make this quite often--VERY EASY and YUMMY! Our family loves it! I often use Pillsbury crescent roll dough, doubled and pinched on seams, or the seamless crescent roll dough that you can buy now. It's delicious! However, I usually bake mine at 325* for around 25-30 minutes. That way it gets done slower on the outside while still getting the inside done too.
I used the pre-made pizza crust you get at the grocery store. Used some leftover honey ham we baked for Easter...diced, and diced swiss cheese. I did add some fresh herbs from the garden and green onion, left out the bacon.... took about 40 minutes to bake. Was very easy to assemble and a great way to use up leftover ham.