- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll dough into a rectangle on a greased baking sheet. Place ham over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with onions, bacon and cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- With a sharp knife, cut several 1/4-in.-deep slits on top of loaf. Bake 26-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly before slicing. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Ham and Swiss Stromboli
"Super easy, fast and so yummy. I used a tube of pizza dough because I couldn't find the French Bread tube. I left out the onions because I can't digest them and the bacon because I didn't have any. I added turkey and provolone to the ham & Swiss, then did an egg wash before cutting the slits. It turned out so good! This is one of those recipes that you can alter depending on your taste and what is in your fridge. I think it would have been really tasty to add a light layer of Dijon Mustard, but I didn't think of it until I tasted the finished product. It was still "The Bomb". My sister loved it. My husband, who is super picky loved it, too. Pizza dough worked perfectly. I will make this again and again. It is so easy!"
"Yum, s really easy and fast dinner"
"This a delicious stromboli! I often serve it when I have my girlfriends all gathered for lunch, it's a recipe that everyone asks for."
"This was a simple and quick appetizer. I had to substitute thin pizza crust as the store was out of French bread. Turkey was substituted for ham due to personal preference. Also, for personal preference, I sprinkled some black pepper and Italian seasoning. It was made for a New Years Eve party and was a hit."
"I use refrigerated pizza dough. It does unroll and change up stuffing based on availability in my fridge and taste wants at the time. great easy sandwich."