Ham and Swiss Stromboli Recipe
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Unroll dough into a rectangle on a greased baking sheet. Place ham over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with onions, bacon and cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- With a sharp knife, cut several 1/4-in.-deep slits on top of loaf. Bake at 350° for 26-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly before slicing. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Ham and Swiss Stromboli(14)
Sort By :
Family loves it, I have made it many times.
I make this quite often--VERY EASY and YUMMY! Our family loves it! I often use Pillsbury crescent roll dough, doubled and pinched on seams, or the seamless crescent roll dough that you can buy now. It's delicious! However, I usually bake mine at 325* for around 25-30 minutes. That way it gets done slower on the outside while still getting the inside done too.
I used the pre-made pizza crust you get at the grocery store. Used some leftover honey ham we baked for Easter...diced, and diced swiss cheese. I did add some fresh herbs from the garden and green onion, left out the bacon.... took about 40 minutes to bake. Was very easy to assemble and a great way to use up leftover ham.
THe first direction requires you to UNroll dough into a rectangle, well the dough had no way to unroll, it was all one piece, I tried pressing it out w/ my hands but that made a mess! I got out a rolling pin - WORSE! I finally used my arm to flatten it somewhat. The rest was a breeze -NOT - rolling it up was also a challenge, as the dough was not cooperative. I would love to see a video of someone actually UNROLLING the dough! HA!
Our family just loves this recipe, its so easy and tasty, I spread some mayo on the dough before adding the ham and I use green peppers and sweet onions instead of the green onions, its SO yummy!