Ham and Swiss Strata Recipe
Layers of breakfast favorites will have folks digging into this all-in-one dish from Dorothy Smith of El Dorado, Arkansas. The hearty combination of eggs, ham and cheese is just right to build a holiday brunch around—or to serve all by itself. "Often in our house," Dorothy adds, "the mix makes a satisfying supper as well."
- 8 slices bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Place half of the bread cubes in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the parsley, onion, ham and cheese. Repeat layers.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pour over cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ham and Swiss Strata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC