Ham and Swiss Snacks
Following a ball game or for a fun after-school treat, ravenous teenagers can prepare this satisfying snack in a jiffy. "It's an unusual but delicious combination of ham, cheese and apples on a no-fuss crust," says Beth Gambro of Yorkville, Illinois.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Unroll crescent dough; pat onto the bottom and up the sides of an
- ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Seal seams and
- perforations. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly
- Combine mustard, parsley, onion and butter; spread over crust.
- Sprinkle with apple, ham and cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or
- until cheese is melted. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 139 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 369 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon