- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 envelopes country gravy mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook gravy mix according to package directions. Stir in the spinach, cheese, ham and mustard. Drain pasta; stir into ham mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Ham and Swiss Pasta Casserole
"Making up menu for this week ~ this will definitely be on it. Thank you for sharing!"
"This is easy and delicious. I have also made it with fresh asparagus in place of the spinach and prosciutto in place of the ham. Now...if you have dietary restrictions (sodium) either alter the recipe (good cooks know how to do that) or use low sodium recipes - there are a million of them. But not so much drama, if you please."
"I don't make a lot of casseroles like this and apparently I should! It was really good. My husband loved it. I did use 3 cups of uncooked small pasta shells instead of the 8 oz of uncooked penne. It turned out great!"
"What is wrong with you people who keep rating recipies that you have not tried? Your vote should not be counted"
"I HAVEN'T TRIED THIS RECIPE AND IT SOUNDS GOOD THEN I SEE THERE IS STORE BOUGHT GRAVY IN IT AND THAT STUFF HAS LOTS OF SODIUM IN IT AND MY HUSBAND HAS TO WATCH SODIUM. I THINK ONE OF THOSE PACKAGES WOULD PROBABLY MAKE A CUP OF GRAVY SO I GUESS YOU COULD MAKE YOUR OWN GRAVY FOR IT. I DON'T BUY VERY MUCH READY MADE STUFF IF I CAN MAKE IT AT HOME. THIS RECIPE DOES SOUND GOOD."
"Great taste and easy to prepare. Add a nice salad and you have a complete meal in less than an hour."
"I love this recipe. I make it all the time. I think the ground mustard adds a great flavor to the dish."
"This was delicious, comforting and different!!! However, I thought it actually tasted better before I added the mustard - the mustard ended up overpowering the creaminess of the gravy and cheese. I will definitely make it again, with this minor change!"
"This was delicious! Very quick and simple to prepare. I will definetly be making this again and again!!! Thank you for posting this recipe."