Ham and Swiss Omelet
This easy omelet will be a snap to fix for breakfast or dinner. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk
- the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet
- (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, place ham on one
- side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide
- omelet onto a plate. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 omelet equals 530 calories, 40 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 726 mg cholesterol, 1,551 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 39 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer