- 1 package (8 ounces) egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the noodles, ham and cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, green pepper and onion; spread half over the top. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Ham and Swiss Casserole
Sort By :
I got this recipe years ago from a friend and just made it again after more than twenty years. It was delicious. Next time I am going to use frozen peas in lieu of the green pepper. Also I did not layer it. Mixed the noodles in the casserole dish with two tbsp of butter, then mixed in everything except the cheese ... topped the casserole with the cheese. Baked, uncovered, and it was perfect.
This is one recipe I am guaranteed to make with leftover ham. I don't bother with layering, and I do cover it for the majority of the cooking time.
noodles on top of casserole were dry and hard. covered with foil and cooked off onions first.
Love the recipe, quick and easy to make :)
i found this at the last minute and used what I had on hand which was sour cream and french onion dip I used both and omitted the green pepper. My family love it the next time I make it I will double the sauce just our family preference.