Ham and Sweet Potato Cups Recipe
This recipe certainly represents our region, as our state is famous for its ham and the South is known for sweet potatoes. It's one of the very best sweet potato recipes I've ever tried. It makes a great light meal all by itself.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cups frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound fully cooked ham, ground
- 1 can (15 ounces) cut sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1. Cook vegetables according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat egg and 1 tablespoon milk. Stir in bread crumbs and pepper; add ham.
- 2. In another bowl, mash sweet potatoes until smooth; spread onto the bottom and up the sides of four 10-oz. baking cups. Place about 1/3 cup ham mixture in each cup. Top with vegetables. Combine the soup and remaining milk; spoon over vegetables.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160&°. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC