Ham and Sweet Potato Cups Recipe
This recipe certainly represents our region, as our state is famous for its ham and the South is known for sweet potatoes. It's one of the very best sweet potato recipes I've ever tried. It makes a great light meal all by itself.
- 2 cups frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound fully cooked ham, ground
- 1 can (15 ounces) cut sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- Cook vegetables according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat egg and 1 tablespoon milk. Stir in bread crumbs and pepper; add ham.
- In another bowl, mash sweet potatoes until smooth; spread onto the bottom and up the sides of four 10-oz. baking cups. Place about 1/3 cup ham mixture in each cup. Top with vegetables. Combine the soup and remaining milk; spoon over vegetables.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160&°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Sweet Potato Cups in Country October/November 1999, p49
Reviews for Ham and Sweet Potato Cups(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >