Ham and Spinach Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup corn-bread stuffing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 12 thin slices fully cooked ham (1 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, sour cream, stuffing mix, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Spread each ham slice with 2 tablespoons spinach mixture; roll up jelly-roll style. Place, seam side down, in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the flour, salt and remaining garlic powder and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Pour over ham rolls.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 369 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 989 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.