Ham and Spinach Rolls Recipe
I often prepare these roll-ups for my daughters to take to office brunchesalong with many copies of the recipe, of course! Everyone finds the rich cheese sauce irresistible.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup corn-bread stuffing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 12 thin slices fully cooked ham (1 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, sour cream, stuffing mix, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Spread each ham slice with 2 tablespoons spinach mixture; roll up jelly-roll style. Place, seam side down, in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the flour, salt and remaining garlic powder and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Pour over ham rolls.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Spinach Rolls in Country Pork 1996, p77
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ham and Spinach Rolls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Roll-up Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >