My adventures in cooking started some 30 years ago as a stay-at-home-mom. Now retired, I'm once again an "at-home" person. This is perfect when entertaining at lunch.
Recommended: 21 Dishes with an Egg on Top
- 1 pound fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios, toasted
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- In a food processor, process ham until minced or ground. Transfer to a medium bowl; add mayonnaise, mustard and pistachios. Mix well; set aside. Rinse spinach in cold water. Cook in a large skillet with only water clinging to the leaves until limp; drain.
- In a food processor, process spinach, cream cheese, milk and dill until smooth; set aside. Cut bread in half lengthwise; hollow out top and bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. (Discard removed bread or save for another use.) Spread spinach mixture inside top and bottom halves of bread. Pack ham mixture into bottom half, mounding slightly. Replace bread top and wrap tightly with foil. Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Spinach Loaf in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p96
Reviews for Ham and Spinach Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review