Corn bread crepes hold a creamy, ham-and-cheese filling in this special brunch item. I appreciate that they're made the night before. In the morning, I just pop them in the oven and start brewing the coffee!—Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, water, eggs and oil. Combine flour and corn bread mix; add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For filling, in a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add the ham, spinach, cream cheese, mustard, nutmeg and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 3 tablespoons batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of filling down the center of 22 crepes (save remaining crepes for another use). Roll up and place seam side down in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Combine topping ingredients. Remove foil; sprinkle topping over crepes. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 11 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Spinach Crepes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p73
Reviews for Ham and Spinach Crepes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review