Ham and Spaetzle Bake
Tired of the same old ham and scalloped potatoes? Try this yummy and comforting change of pace from our Test Kitchen. Creamy and cheesy, the hearty one-dish meal goes together in just minutes using convenient deli (or leftover) ham.
TIP: YOU CAN FIND SPAETZLE IN THE PACKAGED POTATO AND RICE SECTION OF YOUR LOCAL GROCERY STORE.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked spaetzle
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup cubed deli ham
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook spaetzle according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour;
- gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Drain spaetzle; stir the spaetzle, broccoli, cheese, ham, mustard and
- pepper into the white sauce. Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated
- with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until bubbly.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter and fat-free milk) equals 443 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 1,135 mg sodium,