Ham and Shrimp Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham or chicken
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup frozen cooked small shrimp, thawed
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine the ham, macaroni, shrimp, celery, onion, peppers and cheese. In another bowl, combine the dressing ingredients until blended. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill for several hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 188 calories, 9g fat (0g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 12g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Ham and Shrimp Macaroni Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.