Ham and Shrimp Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham or chicken
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup frozen cooked small shrimp, thawed
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine the ham, macaroni, shrimp, celery, onion, peppers and cheese. In another bowl, combine the dressing ingredients until blended. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill for several hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with chicken, reduced-fat cheese and fat-free sour cream and without salt) equals 188 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.