"This refreshing summer salad, chock-full of ham and shrimp, is almost a complete meal in itself," says Andrea Bolden from Unionville, Tennessee. "Served with freshly baked bread and a fruit dessert, it's a great lunch."
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham or chicken
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup frozen cooked small shrimp, thawed
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- In a bowl, combine the ham, macaroni, shrimp, celery, onion, peppers and cheese. In another bowl, combine the dressing ingredients until blended. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill for several hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Macaroni Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p36
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ham and Shrimp Macaroni Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review