Ham and Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1. In a large skillet, cook potatoes in butter until potatoes are lightly browned. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the milk, soup mix and parsley; stir in cheese. Pour over potatoes. Add ham; cook and stir gently over medium heat until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 353 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,170 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Ham and Scalloped Potatoes
"I'm not sure if something went wrong, but this was just horrible! There was an overwhelming onion soup flavor, and it was so thick, it was like eating paste!"
"Look fwd. to trying this very soon. My hubby is a meat/potato fella, so I know he'll really enjoy this dish. A nice salad with fresh oranges in will set it off. Thank you so much for sharing!! K."
"From age 4 to 47 my whole family loved it. All the men went back for seconds. I thought I'd made enough for leftovers, but nope, not after the seconds!"
"My young boys really enjoyed this. I didn't have Velveeta or fresh parsley, so I used shredded cheddar and 3tsp. dry parsley. It turned out great."