Ham and Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
"I fix this saucy skillet dish often, especially when I'm running late, because it takes so little time to prepare," reports Emma Magielda from Amsterdam, New York. "The recipe won first prize in our local paper some years back."
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1. In a large skillet, cook potatoes in butter until potatoes are lightly browned. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the milk, soup mix and parsley; stir in cheese. Pour over potatoes. Add ham; cook and stir gently over medium heat until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 353 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,170 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC