Ham And Rice Medley
Busy weeknights are easier, thanks to this simple skillet recipe that relies on leftover ham and cooked rice. Ron Gardner of Grand haven, Michigan also uses chopped red and green peppers and plenty of corn to round out the tasty main or side dish.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute ham and peppers
- until peppers are tender. Stir in rice and corn. Cook and stir 8-10
- minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 35 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.