Sharol Binger can put a satisfying meal on her Tulare, South Dakota supper table in a jiffy. She adds a can of soup, rice and a few convenience items to leftover ham for a flavorful no-fuss casserole.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup and 1/2 cup cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in the vegetables, rice and ham.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Rice Bake in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p8
Reviews for Ham and Rice Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2012
"My family thought this was a good casserole, although a little bland. I added another cup of cooked rice and more ham for our hearty appetites. An easy dish for a busy night."