Ham and Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe
- 2 cups sliced peeled potatoes, cooked
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, combine potatoes, ham and onion; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Add cheese, salt and pepper; stir until the cheese is melted. Pour over potato mixture and stir gently to mix.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 872 calories, 59 g fat (37 g saturated fat), 204 mg cholesterol, 2,526 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Ham and Potatoes Au Gratin
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer