Ham and Potato Frittata Recipe
- 1 pound red potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley or basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1. In a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, brown potatoes in 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat; remove and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion, red pepper and ham in remaining butter until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer; drain. Remove and set aside.
- 3. In the same skillet, cook the potatoes, ham mixture and parsley in oil over medium-high heat. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, salt and pepper. Pour into skillet; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- 4. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with the cheese and broil until melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 418 calories, 27 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 353 mg cholesterol, 917 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.