Ham and Potato Frittata Recipe
Easy and delicious, this hearty dish's been appreciated whenever I've served it...breakfast, lunch or dinner. Reheated or cold, the leftovers are also great! We—my husband, our 8-year-old daughter and I—live in a suburb. But our back windows look out at mountains, farms, horses and cows.
- 1 pound red potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley or basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1. In a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, brown potatoes in 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat; remove and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion, red pepper and ham in remaining butter until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer; drain. Remove and set aside.
- 3. In the same skillet, cook the potatoes, ham mixture and parsley in oil over medium-high heat. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, salt and pepper. Pour into skillet; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- 4. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with the cheese and broil until melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 418 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 353mg cholesterol, 917mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein .
Reviews for Ham and Potato Frittata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC