I teach Sunday school to adult women. Once a year I invite them to my home for a special brunch. Of all the food I've served to them over the past 6 years, this recipe stands out as the favorite.
Recommended: 22 Leftover Ham Recipes
- 1 package (26 ounces) frozen shredded hash browns
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, fry hash browns in oil until browned. Remove from heat, stir in ham, soup, sour cream, 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Potato Casserole in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p19
Reviews for Ham and Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2014
"Made this for a late breakfast today and was great. I added some seasoning for a little extra flavor"
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2009
"I have made this several times. My family loves it. I have also served this to my company and received lots of compliments"