In Ephrata, Washington, Laura Whitney needs just five ingredients to create this quick colorful salad. "I work 10-hour days and have little time to spend in the kitchen, so I look for all the shortcuts I can find," she explains.
Recommended: Spring-ish Recipes to Make In April
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- In a serving bowl, combine the peas, ham, cheese and onion. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Pea Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p57
Reviews for Ham and Pea Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2010
"It was ok, good for a change of menu."
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2010
"Loved this one. Didnt have frozen peas so I used canned. I also used a small can of Hormel ham. Have made it several times. Ideal size dish for two people."