When I want a filling meal that even the kids enjoy, I toss ham and sugar snap peas with Romano cream sauce and pasta. —C.R. Monachino, Kenmore, New York
Recommended: 42 Slow Cooker Recipes Prepped in 15 Minutes
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds sliced fully cooked ham, cut into strips (about 5 cups)
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add ham and peas; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in cream, cheese and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 1-2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and peas are crisp-tender.
- Drain fettuccine; add to skillet and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Pea Pasta Alfredo in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ham and Pea Pasta Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 4, 2015
"delicious the only changes I made was 4 tablespoons of butter and I only had Asiago cheese to grate on top also a splash of white wine, will definately make it again"