Ham and Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked yolk-free fine noodles
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 1% small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dill weed or 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add noodles and toss to coat. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 266 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 702 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.