Ham and Mushroom Toast
Here's a fast, fun way to use up leftover Christmas ham. The creamy mushroom sauce takes only minutes to put together, and assembling the meat and toast points is easy.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 12 toast points
- 6 slices fully cooked ham, halved
- In a saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour,
- salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil;
- boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in sour cream, chives and dill; heat
- through. Place two slices of ham on each toast point; top with
- mushroom sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 428 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 859 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.