Here's a fast, fun way to use up leftover Christmas ham. The creamy mushroom sauce takes only minutes to put together, and assembling the meat and toast points is easy.
Featured In: Top 10 Brunch Recipes
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 12 toast points
- 6 slices fully cooked ham, halved
- In a saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in sour cream, chives and dill; heat through. Place two slices of ham on each toast point; top with mushroom sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Mushroom Toast in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p13
Reviews for Ham and Mushroom Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review