- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups sliced leeks (white portion only)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1-3/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add leeks, mushrooms and carrots; cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk and broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in ham, parsley, nutmeg and pepper.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry; roll to 1/4-in. thickness. Using a 10-oz. ramekin as a template, cut out four tops for pies. Fill four greased 10-oz. ramekins with leek mixture; top with pastry. Cut slits in pastry. Brush tops with egg.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham and Leek Pies
Sort By :
"Made this recipe as is, but we just didn't care for it. Won't make again....sorry!"
"This was so absolutely delicious. Simple too. I did not have 10 inch ramekins so I used a large oval baking dish and just covered It with the sheet of puff pastry. It was great reheated as well. Simply yummy!"
"I like this recipe alot! My family enjoyed the wonderful taste of the leeks combined with the ham."
"To freeze the recipe, do all the steps, up until the pastry step, put it in individual ramekins or one large casserole dish and freeze. When ready to bake, thaw, then do the puff pastry step, and bake as directed. If using a large casserole, bake 40 minutes. Cover edges of pastry so it won't burn. Wonderful recipe!"