This hearty tart ensures a good hot breakfast with a minimum of fuss. It's so versatile that you can add different toppings, such as chopped olives and Monterey Jack cheese.
Recommended: Extra-Special Recipes for Breakfast in Bed
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in ham and set aside. Unroll crescent roll dough into one long rectangle. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; seal seams and perforations. Spread with reserved ham mixture. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper; stir in cheese. Pour over ham. Sprinkle with chives. Bake at 375° for 23-28 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Egg Tart in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p13
Reviews forHam and Egg Tart
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 24, 2012
"I used pork sausage in place of ham - mmm, mmm scrumptious!"