I make the most of a convenient prebaked pizza crust to create this recipe. Tasty toppings such as scrambled eggs, diced ham, crunchy water chestnuts, fresh tomatoes, ripe olives and shredded cheese provide plenty of pizzazz and a pretty presentation.—Carol Smith, Wichita, Kansas
Recommended: 21 Dishes with an Egg on Top
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the ham, water chestnuts, olives and onions in butter until heated through. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook over medium heat until eggs begin to set, stirring occasionally.
- Place crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet; top with egg mixture. Sprinkle with tomato and cheeses. Bake at 425° for 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Egg Pizza in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p15
Reviews for Ham and Egg Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review