- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 24 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add Italian seasoning and pepper; saute 1 minute longer. Spread mushroom mixture evenly into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheddar cheese, ham, Parmesan cheese and flour. Sprinkle over mushroom mixture. In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, mustard and white pepper. Pour over cheese mixture.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 casseroles (12 servings each).
Reviews for Ham and Egg Breakfast Casseroles
Sort By :
"I can't believe anyone would this a one star rating simply because the recipe makes 24 servings and their's is a household of two! Either alter the recipe for the amount needed (you can google recipe divider for help) or make the full amount and freeze it in single serve size corning ware....or even both!"
"Wish this was in a smaller amount there is only 2 of us now."
"I haven't made this myself but I 've had it before very good.I would like this for myself if I could get it broke down for five people."
"This is one of the best breakfast casseroles I've tried (I cook for my church, and we do a breakfast/brunch thrice a year). The Italian flavors make it unique, and all we get are compliments. It's easy to double or quadruple, too."
"I followed ingredients and directions exactly as stated. We served this dish to our teachers today at a Staff Appreciation Brunch. It went quickly."