Ham and Double Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
This original recipe won me first prize in a local sandwich contest. Sometimes I'll use hazelnut bread instead of whole wheat to add to the nutty flavor.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted, optional
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 16 slices fully cooked ham
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, chilies and soup mix until smooth. Add cheese and nuts if desired; mix well. Evenly spread on four slices of bread; layer each with four slices of ham and one lettuce leaf. Top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 444 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 1,815 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Ham and Double Cheese Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC