This original recipe won me first prize in a local sandwich contest. Sometimes I'll use hazelnut bread instead of whole wheat to add to the nutty flavor.
Recommended: The 99 Most American Recipes Ever
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted, optional
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 16 slices fully cooked ham
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, chilies and soup mix until smooth. Add cheese and nuts if desired; mix well. Evenly spread on four slices of bread; layer each with four slices of ham and one lettuce leaf. Top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Double Cheese Sandwiches in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p91
Reviews for Ham and Double Cheese Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2009
"Very tasty. Didn't have the hazelnut in hand, but still came out good."