Ham and Double Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
This original recipe won me first prize in a local sandwich contest. Sometimes I'll use hazelnut bread instead of whole wheat to add to the nutty flavor.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted, optional
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 16 slices fully cooked ham
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, chilies and soup mix until smooth. Add cheese and nuts if desired; mix well. Evenly spread on four slices of bread; layer each with four slices of ham and one lettuce leaf. Top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Double Cheese Sandwiches in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p91
Reviews for Ham and Double Cheese Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2009
Very tasty. Didn't have the hazelnut in hand, but still came out good.