Ham and Creamy Potato Scallops
Everyone loves these scalloped potatoes. This dish is my own creation - it's a combination of three different recipes! Besides tasting good, this dish is foolproof to make, and the ingredients won't separate during baking.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 5 pounds medium potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 pound diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until partially
- cooked. Drain and cool potatoes. Peel and cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Spread in greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- In large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; add the
- broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until
- thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Stir in the remaining
- ingredients. Pour over potatoes and toss gently to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are
- tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as