- 5 pounds medium potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 pound diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until partially cooked. Drain and cool potatoes. Peel and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Spread in greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; add broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour over potatoes and toss gently to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ham and Creamy Potato Scallops
"The whole family loved it!!"
"My family loved it. I used shredded cheddar cheese instead of the processed (velveeta?) cheese. My picky 12 year old girl had seconds! It's a keeper and they said, "Yes! Make this again mom!""
"Needs more seasonings."
"I was out of milk and wanted something like this. I may make it again but would add more seasonings to give it more taste."
"Looking fwd. to making this....soon! Thank You for sharing."