Ham and Creamy Potato Scallops Recipe
- 5 pounds medium potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 pound diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until partially cooked. Drain and cool potatoes. Peel and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Spread in greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; add broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour over potatoes and toss gently to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ham and Creamy Potato Scallops
Sort By :
"My family loved it. I used shredded cheddar cheese instead of the processed (velveeta?) cheese. My picky 12 year old girl had seconds! It's a keeper and they said, "Yes! Make this again mom!""
"Needs more seasonings."
"I was out of milk and wanted something like this. I may make it again but would add more seasonings to give it more taste."
"Looking fwd. to making this....soon! Thank You for sharing."
"I love one dish meals for my family..this one looks good so I'll try it for our upcoming PotLuck pre-wedding supper..."