Ham and Corn Souffle Recipe
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup diced fully cooked lean ham
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Coat a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish with cooking spray and lightly sprinkle with bread crumbs; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook corn and onions until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in ham and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the flour, salt and cayenne; gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in corn mixture. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the bowl, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites; beat until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, fold a fourth of the egg whites into the milk mixture until no white streaks remain. Fold in remaining egg whites until combined.
- Transfer to prepared dish. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until top is puffed and center appears set. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ham and Corn Souffle(3)
Sort By :
This recipe always turns out great! I use regular onion and 1cup heavy cream because those are items I always have on hand. I also use 3/4 c corn and 3/4 c peas. Works perfect!
Excellent! My 7 & 9 year old REQUEST this for dinner!
I was looking for a way to use some leftover Easter ham and this souffle was a winner. It went together quickly, presented beautifully, and was delicious. I served it for a light supper with a simple green salad and some crusty French bread.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >