Ham and Cheese Waffles
Like most kids, my children love pizza...given the chance, they'd probably eat it for every meal! So their eyes lit up when I first served these waffles with pizza-like ingredients for breakfast.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham or Canadian bacon
- Fried eggs, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk and oil. Combine flour, baking powder and
- salt; add to egg mixture and beat until smooth. Fold in cheese and
- ham or bacon.
- Bake in a waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until
- golden brown. Top each waffle with a fried egg if desired. Yield:
- 8-10 waffles (6-1/2 inches).