Ham and Cheese Tarts Recipe
These savory tarts have been a family favorite for years. Make the ham mixture in advance to save time when guests arrive. —Delores Romyn, Stratton, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup French onion dip
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, onion dip, milk, mustard and orange peel until blended. Stir in the ham.
- 2. Split each biscuit into thirds; press into lightly greased miniature muffin cups. Spoon a scant tablespoonful of ham mixture into each cup; sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375° for 12-17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
3 tarts equals 178 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 523 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC