Ham and Cheese Souffle Recipe
- 16 slices white bread (crusts removed), cubed
- 1 pound sliced ham, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the bread, ham, cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese. Repeat layers. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard and onion salt; pour over layered mixture.
Cover and refrigerate overnight. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the middle comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Freeze option: Prepare souffle as directed, omitting cornflake mixture. Cover and freeze unbaked souffle. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare cornflake mixture; sprinkle over top. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 533 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 1171mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Souffle
"Didn't do it for me. Too much soggy bread and cheese."
"Excellent dish! Was a hit during a fun ski weekend! Super easy and quick to make and tastes great!!!!"