Ham and Cheese Souffle Recipe
I like to serve this tasty dish for brunch along with fresh fruit when I'm having guests. Not only is it easy, but everyone enjoys it. Make it the night before, then the next day all you need to do is bake it.
- 16 slices white bread (crusts removed), cubed
- 16 slices (about 1 pound) ham, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the bread, ham, cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese. Repeat layers. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard and onion salt; pour over layered mixture.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate overnight. combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the middle comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 533 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 193 mg cholesterol, 1,171 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC