Ham and Cheese Souffle Recipe
- 16 slices white bread (crusts removed), cubed
- 1 pound sliced ham, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the bread, ham, cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese. Repeat layers. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard and onion salt; pour over layered mixture.
Cover and refrigerate overnight. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the middle comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Freeze option: Prepare souffle as directed, omitting cornflake mixture. Cover and freeze unbaked souffle. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare cornflake mixture; sprinkle over top. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 533 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 193 mg cholesterol, 1,171 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Souffle
"Didn't do it for me. Too much soggy bread and cheese."
"Excellent dish! Was a hit during a fun ski weekend! Super easy and quick to make and tastes great!!!!"