- 16 slices white bread (crusts removed), cubed
- 16 slices (about 1 pound) ham, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the bread, ham, cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese. Repeat layers. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard and onion salt; pour over layered mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the middle comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Cheese Souffle in Country Extra March 1993, p49
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Souffle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2014
Didn't do it for me. Too much soggy bread and cheese.
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2010
Excellent dish! Was a hit during a fun ski weekend! Super easy and quick to make and tastes great!!!!